The Distinguished Alumni Award was established by the Campbell University College of Pharmacy & Health Sciences (CPHS) Alumni Association Board of Directors to recognize and celebrate the achievements of Campbell’s doctor of pharmacy graduates that have demonstrated exemplary achievement in any type of organization (i.e. education, government, private, civic, non-profit, corporate, entrepreneurial, etc.), while helping to build and maintain a community of alumni, students, faculty and friends that enhances the professional, personal and academic development of CPHS alumni and students.
This award is the highest of honors and will only be awarded when the board feels that the recipient has gone above and beyond in demonstrating the qualities the award deserves. The Distinguished Alumni Award may be presented to an individual annually and at least every five years.
- Have completed a doctor of pharmacy degree from Campbell University and graduated in good standing.
- Have achieved prominent status in his/her chosen business, profession or life work
- Be a person of such integrity, stature and demonstrated responsibility that the faculty, staff, students, and alumni of CPHS will take pride in, and be inspired by, his/her recognition.
- Be an individual who, in deed or action, reflects and recognizes the importance of his/her doctor of pharmacy degree from Campbell University, who demonstrated pride in his/her alma mater, and whose interests and loyalties are evident.
A person will be considered ineligible to receive a Distinguished Alumni Award if any of the following conditions prevail at the time the CPHS Alumni Association Board of Directors meet to consider nominations:
- If he/she is not a member of the CPHS Alumni Association.
- If he/she is a candidate for any elected public office in the current calendar year. An individual who currently holds an elected state or national public office shall never be selected in the year which he/she is running for election or re-election.
- If for any reason, he/she cannot be present to accept the award.
- He/she has been a recipient of the Distinguished Alumni Award within the past ten years.
Please complete and return the nomination form and a letter stating why the nominee should receive the award by mail or fax to:
Campbell University College of Pharmacy & Health Sciences
Office of Alumni Relations & Advancement
Post Office Box 1090
Buies Creek, North Carolina 27506
In addition to the nomination form and letter, nominators are encouraged to submit additional information to support the nominee, including but not restricted to
- Noteworthy accomplishments
- Previous awards or commendations
- A resume or curriculum vitae
- News or magazine clippings
- Significant professional contributions
- Personal references
- Community involvement
- Influence in the workplace/community/field of pharmacy
Nominations from previous years may be retained for future consideration. There is no limit regarding the number of times a person can be nominated. Individuals may self-nominate.
- Nomination Deadline: Ongoing
- Selection Period: March-May
- Award Presentation: October at Homecoming
- 2016: Leigh L. Foushee, PharmD’00
- 2015: Michael L. Adams, PharmD ’96, PhD
- 2012 : LeAnne Kennedy, PharmD ’93
- 2010: James E. Herring, Jr., PharmD ’95