Campbell University is interested in developing diverse leaders in the health care professions. Ransdell Family Health Professions Readiness & Enrichment Program (HPREP) is an interdisciplinary, preparatory, and professional development program for prospective students interested in the following areas:
- Osteopathic Medicine
- Physical Therapy
- Physician Assistant
- Pharmaceutical Sciences
- Clinical Research
- Public Health
- Biomedical Sciences
HPREP will be held May 18, 2022 (online); May 25, 2021 (online); and June 1-2, 2022 (in-person with a virtual option). Participation in all four dates is required. The ideal candidates will meet the eligibility recommendations, be interested in becoming a more competitive applicant, desire to learn about a variety of health professions options and have an interest in servant leadership.
We are now accepting applications for HPREP 2022! The deadline to apply is February 15, 2022. All participants will be notified no later than March 15, 2022.
The program exposes students to a formative experience that combines academic instruction with leadership and professional development in an interdisciplinary environment. All applicants will be evaluated, but preference for admission to the program will be given to underrepresented minorities, first-generation college students, and financially disadvantaged students.
In addition, admission preference will be given to rising sophomores, juniors, and seniors for the pharmacy, public health, clinical research, and pharmaceutical sciences programs. For physician assistant, osteopathic medicine, and physical therapy programs, admission preference will be given to rising juniors and seniors.
Over the course of the program, students will:
- participate in interactive and inter-disciplinary labs, workshops, seminars, and case studies related to health professions and their individual program of interest;
- build relationships with leaders in the healthcare profession and be assigned an academic adviser;
- discover how to become more competitive applicants for health profession admissions;
- explore a variety of health profession career opportunities;
- learn how to improve or strengthen professional admission test taking skills through a PCAT, MCAT, and GRE review session; and
- experience the Campbell family and our dedication to service.