Staying up-to-date on vaccines is a highly effective way to protect yourself and your community from certain diseases. Learn more here about how to build a safer future with vaccinations, including updates on the COVID-19 vaccine.
COVID-19 Vaccines Updates
There are currently three approved COVID-19 vaccines available:
- Pfizer-BioNTech Vaccine
- Moderna Vaccine
- Janssen vaccine
Staying Up-to-Date on Vaccinations
Why you need to stay up to date
- It is important to remain up-to-date on vaccinations so that your body will always be ready to fight any organisms that cause illness.
- Some vaccinations may require two doses to reach maximum efficacy. If so, there may be a specific window of time in which you need to get your second dose.
Double-check to be sure you are up-to-date by doing the following:
- Ask your doctor for an updated list of your vaccines
- Contact your pharmacy and ask your pharmacist to check your patient profile to ensure you are up-to-date
Side Effects You May Experience
- Mild to moderate injection site pain is a common side effect of vaccinations.
- You may also experience general cold symptoms, such as coughing, sneezing, and runny nose.
- There are other side effects that are specific to individual vaccines you may receive, but they will be discussed with you before you receive the vaccine.
Download printable version (PDF)
Contact your doctor or pharmacist to ensure you are up-to-date on your vaccinations.
Operation Immunization – Vaccines and Doses
- Recommended Vaccines for Adults | CDC
More information about vaccination recommended for adults
- COVID-19 Vaccination | CDC
More information about getting the COVID-19 vaccination