The Campbell University discrimination and harassment policy can be found here: https://www.campbell.edu/policies/discrimination-and-harassment/
- Outside employment during the didactic or clinical phases of the PA program is strongly discouraged.
- Any work undertaken outside of the program is not covered by the student malpractice insurance policy.
- Required program activities cannot be altered by outside activities. Outside obligations cannot interfere or impede class attendance or completion of assignments of program requirements.
- Students are not permitted to perform any clerical, administrative, or physical work for the PA program or be employed as a graduate assistant.
- Students must not substitute for or function as instructional faculty or clinical or administrative staff for the PA program or while on clinical rotations.
Students may utilize the Student Health Center for preventive services and personal health concerns. For patient privacy and confidentiality, students must not be treated by CPHS faculty in the student’s program (PA) who may occasionally cover the clinic. The students should identify themselves as a CPHS student when checking into the clinic so that they may be scheduled with an appropriate provider. PA students may not be treated by PA faculty for health concerns, unless it is an emergency. Students must not discuss personal health problems with faculty or ask for advice.
The college’s incident reporting policy can be found in the CPHS Academic Bulletin, in the General Information, Policies & Procedures section.
Campbell University Physician Assistant students are not required to provide or solicit their own clinical sites. Clinical site development is not required of students. The Program maintains an active inventory of clinical sites that are vetted for supervised clinical practice experiences. However, PA students interested in making a connection with a new clinical site should first speak with the program Director of Clinical Partnerships.
Background Check & Substance Abuse Screening Test:
Will be required prior to matriculation in the program and again before the start of clinical year.
Note: The Campbell University Physician Assistant (PA) program is required, by affiliated health care institutions that provide clinical educational rotations at their institutions, to provide certain personal student information. The release of information is required to permit students to receive clinical training at each institution in compliance with state and federal law.
It is therefore necessary for students to grant the PA program a Release of Information to affiliated institutions as necessary to participate in clinical rotations. This information includes a copy of the immunization record, TB test results and/or chest x-ray results, drug screening results, and criminal background check information as required by each clinical institution and waive any rights regarding the release of said information under the Family Education Rights and Privacy Act (FERPA) (20 USC 1232g, et seq.).