Patient-centered, integrated approach to drug discovery and design
The MSPS curriculum features a patient-centered, integrated approach to drug discovery and design. This curriculum was designed in cooperation with a number of professionals who currently work in the pharmaceutical industry to give our graduates the knowledge and skills that are most sought-after.
Competitive Advantages of the MSPS program:
- Campbell University is within 50 miles of Research Triangle Park, which has more than 500 Biosciences companies
- Our program partners with many of these companies to secure opportunities for our students to gain real-world experience even before they graduate
- Students choose electives following the industry Co-op when they have a better idea of where they want to focus their studies to prepare themselves for their optimal career
- Integrates seamlessly with the Doctor of Pharmacy program for students in the dual MSPS/PharmD program
- Integrates seamlessly with the BS in Pharmaceutical Sciences program for students in the 3+2 (BSPS and MSPS) program
Students pursuing their MSPS complete one year of core courses, then in their second year complete either a co-op with a pharmaceutical company or a research project on campus, plus at least 8 credits of electives to gain expertise in chosen subjects.
The MSPS degree program is designed to enhance an individual’s research and contract service capabilities. Students who complete this degree are prepared for careers in the pharmaceutical industry doing drug discovery, development, and/or production or further studies at the doctorate level. The degree offers training in each of the major areas of pharmaceutical development: Bioprocessing, Pharmaceutical Analysis, Pharmaceutics and Pharmacology.