With the threat of inclement weather on Friday, May 13, the CPHS Spring Commencement has been moved to the John W. Pope, Jr. Convocation Center.
Tickets are not required for this event.
Please subscribe to the University emergency text alert system to receive up to the minute information the day of your ceremony. Click here and then click the ‘Sign Up’ button in the top right corner to sign up. If ceremonies must be cancelled due to extreme weather, the events effected will be celebrated with a virtual ceremony on May 15.
ARRIVAL & PARKING
- Front doors will open at 2 p.m. for all guests and students.
- Graduate check-in will begin at 2 p.m. on the upper concourse. With graduates in their seats no later than 2:30 p.m. Please use the restroom prior to being seated.
- Please follow parking direction provided by the Harnett County Sheriff’s Office and campus security on campus on the day of graduation. There are no assigned parking lots/passes.
HANDICAPPED PARKING & SEATING
- Handicapped/accessible parking will be in the J lot directly across from the main doors of the John W. Pope Jr. Convocation Center (See Map). A golf cart will be available in this lot for anyone who needs transportation to the front of the building.
- There are handicapped/accessible seating located around the top of the concourse in Gore Arena. Please note, that not all guests within a party will be able to sit in this area.
GRADUATION CEREMONY ATTIRE
- The Campbell University approved attire for graduates include: Campbell University issued cap with tassel, gown, hood if applicable, academic Latin honor cords if applicable (distributed at class photos or at graduate check-in on the day of the event), and freshman medallion (if the graduate has one).
- Business casual attire is acceptable under the regalia. Graduates, for events in the arena, NO high heels. Note: Any graduate wearing heels will not be allowed inside the arena.
- A clear bag policy has been adopted for graduation. One bag is permitted per guest as long as it is an approved bag such as one-gallon zip style bag or the 12” x 6” x 12” clear bag, plus a small clutch that does not exceed 4.5” x 6.5”. Clear Bag Policy
- In the unlikely event that we reach capacity in Gore Arena (John W. Pope Convocation Center) there will be a livestream available in Ballroom B on the second floor of the Oscar N. Harris Student Union.
Please take advantage of this opportunity to update the CPHS Alumni office on your plans and best contact following graduation. We want to be sure that we are sending information to your preferred email and address as well as learn your plans following graduation. CPHS Graduation/Alumni Survey
All potential graduation candidates please CLICK HERE to go to the University graduation page to apply for graduation or go to www.campbell.edu – Academics – Registrar’s Office – Apply for Graduation (this will land on the Registrar’s Office Graduation Information page).
How to Apply:
The application process is completely online for all applicants. For the application form you will need the following:
- Campbell University Issued Student ID
- Degree you are pursuing
- Major you are pursuing
- Home Campus Location
- Contact information you can be reached at including phone, email, and mailing address
*Students participating in Dual Degrees such as MBA/BBA, PharmD/MBA, BA/BBA, PharmD/MSCR, etc. will need to file 2 graduation applications, one for each degree.*
Graduation Regalia, Memorabilia & Diplomas
Cap and Gown
All graduation invitations and academic regalia (caps, gowns and hood (if applicable)) are available for purchase through the Barnes and Noble Campbell University Bookstore. Only university approved graduation apparel will be permitted at the ceremonies.
If you are receiving a dual degree, you have the option to purchase more than one hood. Both hoods will be placed on your right arm for the ceremony with the highest degreed hood on top. You will be hooded with your highest degreed hood and the other hood will remain on your arm.
You may place your regalia order over the phone at 910-893-1455. All ship orders can be placed through our regalia company’s website. There are two convenient ways of placing an order for academic regalia: on campus or online. Details and Order
Students will be notified if they have met the GPA requirements for graduating with honors. The GPA requirements for honors are as follows:
3.50 – Cum laude
3.70 – Magna cum laude
3.90 – Summa cum laude
The diploma that candidates receive during the graduation ceremony is not the official diploma. Diplomas will be distributed following the program. Please note the following:
- If you apply after the graduation application deadline, we cannot promise that we will have a diploma for you on graduation day as your name had to be submitted in a subsequent diploma order.
- If you are receiving an academic honor: Cum Laude, Magna Cum Laude, or Summa Cum Laude, we will not have your diploma on graduation day as your diploma will have to be reordered with the appropriate honor printed upon it.
- If you have an outstanding account balance with the Bursar’s Office, your diploma and your transcripts will be placed on “hold” until your account issues have been satisfactorily resolved.
- Diplomas not picked up on graduation day, diplomas that need to be reordered, and diplomas that need to be released by the Bursar’s Office will be mailed to the candidate at the address provided on the Application for Graduation.