This page focuses on the application for the Master of Science in Public Health program as a non-dual degree student. If you are interested in applying to an MSPH dual degree program, view the Dual Degree options.
- Complete the SOPHAS application and include:
- Official transcripts of all undergraduate and graduate studies
- Three letters of recommendation
2. Complete the free supplemental application and include a headshot photo
The applicant is responsible for ensuring the timely receipt of all required application documentation. Applications will not be reviewed by the Admissions Committee until all application materials are received.
Domestic applicants are encouraged to submit their completed SOPHAS application and supplemental application by July 15 for fall admission.
International applicants seeking a visa must submit the completed SOPHAS application, supplemental application, and all supporting documents by April 1 for fall admission.
Clearance and I-20 Process for International Students
- Submit SOPHAS application and online supplemental application. The supplemental application must include the following:
- Copy of passport/I-20/visa*
- For applicants applying directly from another U.S. institution: complete a Visa Clearance form and attach a copy of passport, visa page, I-94 and I-20 (all three pages of the I-20)
- Proof of financial support showing $36,000 in liquid funds*
- Copy of passport/I-20/visa*
- Evaluation by admissions office and public health admissions committee
- If approved by public health admissions committee, the application, and the proof of financial support are sent to the International Admissions Office for clearance approval
- The bank statement showing $36,000 USD in liquid funds is proof of funds, independent of scholarships, to cover one year’s tuition, fees, books, and living expenses
- If dependents will be issued a visa, additional funds will be required by the International Admissions Office
- These documents need to be certified, include the student’s name, sponsors’ names, relationship to student, amount of funds in USD
- Accepted formats: bank statement, notarized/certified letter
- Once approved for clearance, an official acceptance letter is sent
- Seat deposit of $250 USD is required within two weeks of receiving official acceptance letter
- Final proof of financial support showing $36,000 USD in liquid funds dated no earlier than Feb 15 is required to issue I-20 (if initial proof of financial support is dated after Feb 15, no additional document is needed)
- Within 90 days of the program start date (mid-May), the I-20 is sent electronically for review and physical address confirmation
- Once address is confirmed, the I-20 is mailed to the physical address. The tracking number is sent to the applicant.
*All international applicants must upload proof of funds showing $36,000 USD in liquid funds and a copy of your passport to the supplemental application. Please do not send bank statements and passport copies via mail or email.