Successful candidates earn both a Master of Physician Assistant Practice (MPAP) degree and a Master of Clinical Research (MSCR) degree. Applicants submit the necessary documentation to both programs simultaneously. October 1 is the annual deadline for applications.
- Bachelor’s degree from a regionally accredited institution in the United States
- GPA: Required minimum overall and/or last 60 credit hours >3.2
- GPA: Prerequisites recommended >3.4
- Recommended GRE >300 within 5 years of application.
- Verbal >150
- Quantitative >150
- Analytical > 4.0
- Three (3) letters of recommendation
- Preference is given to applicants with two of three letters from physicians, physician assistants, clinical supervisors, and others familiar with your clinical experience
- One academic recommendation is acceptable
- Personal recommendations are discouraged
- Personal statement describing your reasons for pursuing the dual MPAP/MSCR degree is required as part of the supplemental application submission
- Academic: All courses must be completed by December 31 of the year prior to entry into the MSCR program and completed at a regionally accredited college or university in the United States. The MPAP program does not accept transfer credit from other MPAP programs. All prerequisite courses must be completed with a “C” or better.
- Human Anatomy & Physiology (A&P) with labs (two semesters of A&P courses with labs, or a one semester anatomy course with lab and a one semester physiology course)
- One semester each:
- General biology (for science majors)
- Microbiology with lab
- General chemistry with lab
- Organic chemistry or Biochemistry
- Statistics or Biostatistics
- Genetics (recommended)
- For classes requiring a lab, online labs will not be accepted (must be seated)
Patient care experience
- At least 1,000 hours of direct patient-care experience must be completed at the time of submitting application.
- Examples of direct patient care experience:
- Athletic Trainer
- Certified Nurse Assistant
- ER/Medical Technician
- Medical Assistant
- Medical Scribe
- Military Medic
- Physical Therapist
- Physical Therapy Assistant
- Respiratory Therapist
- Surgical Tech
- Hours earned from pharmacy technician, veterinarian technician, or laboratory technician experiences can be used as supplemental hours in addition to the 1,000 hours of direct hands-on patient care experience.
- Hours obtained for course credit during educational training will not count toward the required 1,000 hours.
- Recommended 20 hours of experience “shadowing” a Physician Assistant.